Creating a Care Plan Template
**Creating a care plan template will save you time. You can create one or as many as you like and each one can be tweaked to meet the needs of individual patients. If you offer similar plan of care (like wellness plans) this is a good place to start.
1) Go to Admin
2) Go To Care Plan Button
3) Select "ADD" to Start the template
4) Select "Start from Scratch" and hit "Next" Button
5) Plan Name - Be as detailed or as general as you would like.
(keep in mind, this name will help you identify the plan that may best apply to different patients )
6) Plan Length - Select the duration of the care plan. You decide the length by Weeks or Months.
7) Automatically extend the plan length, until all "Visits" are used - This area is designed for you to tell the care plan which is most important: visits or the length of time the patient is on the care plan.
- a) If you check this box= Plan Stop date will extend (keep going) until ALL visits are used
- b) If you Do Not check this box= Once the care plan reaches the Stop date the care plan will end and any unused visits will be lost.
8) Once finished, select Next button
9) Plan Amount - Enter total amount of care plan: This will be the amount paid for all services specified in care plan ie: Adjustments, Exams, Xrays, Supplement or any other service.
- a) Option One- Payments - Select the Number of payments and select the drop-down to indicate when the payment is to be collected. Weekly, Bi-Weekly, Monthly or Quarterly.
- b) Option Two- Down Payment plus payments - Add in the amount the patient is paying to start the plan today, followed by the number of payments they will be making and select the drop-down to indicate when the payment is to be collected. Weekly, Bi-Weekly, Monthly or Quarterly.
- c) Option Three- Pay in Full - Paying the full amount owed today.
(Please keep in mind- You can alter the payment option when you add the template into a patients file, If you choose to do so.)
10) Once you have finished selecting the best option for this plan, Select Next
11) SELECT one of these:
- Apply patient discount AFTER patient plan credit has been exhausted - This will allow the money the patient has paid for the care plan to be applied to the beginning dates of service and then write off the ones towards the end. IE: Buy 3, get 2 free
- Apply patient discounts, evenly across "Visits - This will apply all money and discounts spread over the length of the care plan. This is a great option if the patient wants to submit the charges to their Insurance payer via Super Receipt for reimbursement.
Every State has its own laws on how discounts can be legally applied. Please make sure you know your State's Laws on discounts so, you know if you have to use one option vs. the other or if both are available.
12) Once you select the Option that is right for your clinic/plan, Select Next
13) Number of "Visits" included in the plan - This is where you add in how many visits the patient gets under this Care Plan.
14) Then, Select one of these:
- Visit number is for the entire length of the plan
(Example: In this image below, It shows the patient gets 24 visits over the course of the care plan. Which roughly breaks down to 4 visits a month over 6 months. But, adding it in this way allows the patient to use the 24 visits however is needed before the end of the care plan. So, if a patient needs to come in a 5th time in the month, that is ok.)
- Visit number is for each _____ of the plan - Options include Week or Month.
(Example 2: You could add in the number 4 instead and select the second option "Visit number is for each _____ of the plan" and select Month from the drop-down to indicate that 4 visits a month are covered in the care plan but, if the patient comes in a 5th time, they pay for that out of pocket.)
15) Visit Code Pool - Now, it is time to tell the Care Plan what services will count as a "visit".
- You will scroll to find the code in the CPT code Library and then drag and drop it to the above window.
See the example below in the image. It shows 98940 and 98941 in the Visit Pool. Those codes were selected because an Adjustment will be performed at every visit. Making the Adjustment code responsible for counting down the visits for the care plan.
(Please keep in mind, If a 98940 and 98941 were both selected in the patients visit, that would count as 2 Visits against the Care Plan.)
16) Select your valid Price list
17) Once you are done making your selections, Select Next
18) SELECT one of the following:
- End Care plan once all "Visits" have been used, regardless of time frame - This option means that the number of visits specified is most important. If the patient uses all visits allowed in the Care Plan before the time allotted, the Care Plan will End and make the patient responsible for any additional visits
- "Visit" codes (above the number allowed in the care plan) will be FREE for the duration of the plan- This option means that the length of the Care Plan is more important. You want to see them for a certain amount of time and if they end up having a few extra visits then you thought, they are covered in the Care Plan and the Care Plan will do what is needed (increasing the discount to the already applied charges) so, all care will fall into the dollar amount specified in the care plan.
19) Once you select the option that is right for your plan, select Next button
20) Additional Code Pool - This area allows you to select additional Services, Supplements or Products that are included and DO NOT count against the care plan as a visit.
- You will Drag and Drop those extra charges into the window provided. Once they are displayed, you will change the Unit amounts to reflect the number of times that CPT code can be used in this Care Plan. Once the allotted units are completed, any additional times the code is applied to a patient visit, the patient will be responsible to pay for the extra service.
See image below for example: example shows the patient can have 1 Single view X-ray, 1 Cervical X-ray, 6, 30 min massages and 1 Tempurpedic pillow.
21) Once you are Done, Select Finished!!!!