Preforming a Credit Transfer
To perform a Credit Transfer to another patient, you will follow these steps:
1. Go to the patients file where you would like to transfer money FROM
2. Select the Ledger, Payments Tab
3. Select Outgoing Credit Transfer
4. Select the Patient you are transferring the money TO and select Next
5. Select Case for the patient
6. Add in the amount you want to transfer and any notes you may want associated with the transfer.
7. Select Next
8. You will see the information present that money is about to be moved. To confirm press Finish
Once Finished the Patients Log will show the transfer going out
and the patient that received the transfer will show it coming in :)
***Please note that there is not a way to make an outgoing transfer go towards a specific charge or date of service. It will work like a patient payment, to where the money will go towards the oldest outstanding charges first. This is because the system tries to keep patient balances current and ensures that money to be collected is not missed.
Training Video Reference
Please keep in mind, this is an old training video and may not provide a full explanation but, is provided for a visual walk-through.
This video demonstrates how to transfer a credit from one case to another. A credit transfer is frequently used when one family member makes a payment for multiple people in their family and the money needs to be dispersed to other members.