Computer Recommendation for Server and non-server client side computers for Optimal performance.
- Processor: Intel Core i5/i& or AMD A9+ with 8~16 GB of RAM.
- Hard Drive: 500GB+ Solid State Drive (SSD)
- Network Card: 10/100/1000 Ethernet
- Operating System: Windows 10 or Windows Server 2016 or Higher(Home or higher)
- Monitor: 19" monitor with a minimum resolution of 1440x900 or better (1680x1050 is ideal) - touch screen is preferred.
- Wireless Router: Multi-Port Network Hub or router (if wireless at least 802.11 G/A/N or higher with WPA-2 or higher encryption) to connect all PC's.
- Internet Connection: High speed such as cable, DSL or fractional T1 with at least 5MB download & upload speed.
- Firewall: Microsoft Windows defender. Choosing another firewall can dramatically affect the performance of your Server computer.
- Must have 4.7.2 .net Framework or higher installed
- Printer: 2016 Models or newer
SERVER MAY NOT BE A MAC
When purchasing a New Server computer, please ensure it is NOT a domain controller. Installing the necessary SQL Server your EMR requires, on a domain controller, goes against Microsoft recommendations and best practices.
A domain controller (DC) is a server that responds to security authentication requests within a Windows Server domain. It is a server on a Microsoft Windows or Windows NT network that is responsible for allowing host access to Windows domain resources. A domain controller is the centerpiece of the Windows Active Directory service. It authenticates users, stores user account information and enforces security policy for a Windows domain.
If your office decides to purchase a Domain Controller as a server, it is the clinics responsibility to install the necessary SQL Server Express prior to the server transfer. Please contact support for the specific SQL Express configuration that is needed to be installed at that time.
Here are some links to computers that will work as a Server computer. You can pick other manufactures or stores that with similar specs. These are just suggestions :)