How to Add, Edit or Inactivate a New Prospect/Patient
Go To Patients within Database Toolbar
Select New Prospect/Patient
Double click patient in Rolodex
Entering Patient Info
Add in All Necessary or missing Info
- H/W/C Numbers
- Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- New Patient Date
- Initial Condition
- Major Condition
- New Patient- The New Patient check box allows you to override the flow of the PDX Report and make this specific patient a "New Patient" that is actively seeking care within the clinic. This is typically checked when you are converting from a previous software. Understanding the patient flow. Prospect, Lead, New Patient.
- Account Number- The account number area is not auto populated by the software. This area allows you to indicate an existing account number the patient may have in your clinic or allow you to enter the account number from a previous software if you would like it to remain the same.
- Source- Allows you to select a Referral Source for the patient. If an existing patient has referred another patient to the clinic, that can be indicated as well, by pressing the "Select" Button and choosing the correct patient from the Rolodex. You have two reports available when utilizing this section Referral Source Report and The Referral Patient Report.
- Assigned Provider- An assigned provider is the provider for which you would like to link the patient to for financial reporting, regardless of who actually sees the patient. This will also give you the option to only show those patients who are assigned to a specific provider in the Rolodex. For example, I can set Dr. A’s privileges so that he is only able to see the patients in which he/she is listed as the Assigned provider.
- SMS Carrier (CoAction Clients Only): To use Text Reminders, you must have a cell phone entered for the patient and select an SMS carrier from the drop-down. If the carrier needed is not present, please select HERE.
- Messaging (Katana Clients Only) This area allows you to opt your patients out of Campaigns. To opt a patient out of campaigns, select the box
If your patient does not have the box selected, you will see
Adding Patient Photo
To add a patient photo, select photo tab and click on No Picture Available
Find and Select the patients photo saved on your PC and Select Open
Once the image displays, select Save
If a photo needs to be replaced, you would simply click on the photo and select a new one. Once a photo has been uploaded, they cannot be removed. Another photo will have to take its place.
To Inactivate a Prospect/Patient
Double click the patients name within the Rolodex, Select Edit and Change status from Active to Inactivated or Terminated.
Training Video Reference
Please keep in mind, this is an old training video and may not provide a full explanation but, is provided for a visual walk through.
This video demonstrates how to add a new prospect. It also shows how to edit or inactivate an existing prospect in VitaLogics.