1. Chose the Right Computer to act as your Server. The Server computer should not be a domain controller. Remember - your server should be your fastest computer with the most memory. If VitaLogics is required to move the server to another computer, you will incur a fee due to the labor involved in this task. Make sure that the computer that is going to act as your server computer has a unique name. There can not be another computer in your network that shares the same name as the server.
2. You must have your own high-speed internet access. You cannot use a neighbors wireless connection and you CANNOT use an iPhone or Android phone to provide the internet connection. By trying to save a few dollars on a high speed internet connection you are going to be wasting a lot of money in man hours trying to manage the software that will not run properly with these connections.
3. Your wireless network must be set up properly. When utilizing wireless network, it must be set at a Home or Work network. If you set it up as a Public network, it will block many transmissions from VitaLogics to your machine thus slowing things down and preventing VitaLogics from functioning. You must also have a minimum of WPA-2 encryption on your wireless network to be compliant with HIPAA regulations.
4. All Windows Updates must be run on all PC's and all tablets that you plan to run VitaLogics on. To check if you have any Windows Updates that are needed click on the "Start Menu", select "Control Panel" and then select "Windows Updates". This step must be repeated until there are no more updates available to be installed.
5. Ensure that the Date and Time are accurate on all PC's and Tablets that will be used to run VitaLogics to ensure data integrity.
6. The firewall on your computer must allow VitaLogics transmissions and updates to pass through while still helping to maintain security to your computer. A firewall is a program that controls what comes into your network from the web. The purpose of firewall software is to prevent viruses and other harmful programs from harming your network. If you have more than one firewall on any PC it will cause network conflicts that will impact your ability to use the software.
Please read the article below to gain more clarity on choosing the right firewall for your computer. (Yes, this is some really boring stuff but will prevent you from pulling your hair out and hitting your head against the wall in the future. Just hang in there and get this techie stuff out of the way and life will be good. Firewall issues = unhappy doctor!)
Once the software has been downloaded on your server computer, you will receive a follow up call and be given a default username and password to allow access to VitaLogics.
Once you receive the default username and password, it is important to NEVER inactivate this user, as this is how the support staff can access your VitaLogics system when providing support.