1. Go to Patients file - Open file
2. Select Insurance tab
3. Select Add/Edit Button on bottom left of the insurance tab
4. Select Create New Policy, Click on Next
5. New Primary, Select Next (bottom right)
6. Select Policy Holder ( Self, Another patient, Company or Non Patient),
Click on Next
7. Select Insurance payer, Click on Next
8. Enter all information needed, Click on Next
9. Instead of Selecting Finished- you will select CREATE NEW POLICY
10. Select New Secondary, Click on Next
11. 6. Select Policy Holder ( Self, Another patient, Company or Non Patient), Next
12. Select Insurance payer, Click on Next
13. Add in all secondary info (including all secondary info under the Primary tab of the box 9s area), Click on Next ??????
* Please note Secondary info is placed on Primary tab of box 9s area. The reason for this is it needs to print on Primary HCFA so, the primary knows who to forward claim to.
14. Select Finished, Click on Next
15. Select Start date (Make sure it goes back far enough to cover all dates of service), Click on Next
16. Select Ok on pop up window
17. Select Finished and you are all done!!
* Please note: To see changes made to insurance tab, please X out of patient file and open again to reflect changes.