When setting up your GMAIL account in the Email Settings and you are receiving this error:
The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.5.1 Authentication Required.
1) Check/Retype your Username and Password to ensure they are correct
2) Try changing your Gmail Password then typing the new password into VL
3) If you are sure that your Username and Password are correct, but you still get errors then it means that Gmail has blocked your application.
4) Click on this website to allow for less secure apps:
- Then you add in your Gmail password
- Select the back arrow to apps
- It says App Passwords
- Select that arrow and go to connected apps and sites under Sign in & security
- Scroll down to Allow less secure apps
- Turn on