Here are some basic points.
- Main difference for cloud vs on-site server is the actual cost and maintenance of your server. If you go cloud with us, we will digitally move your server to an Azure cloud server where you pay the fraction of the cost and have Azure's IT professionals manage/maintain your server 24/7 with real time backup (in case cloud server crashes, we can restore to the latest file and move to another server quicker).
- Main cost difference would be your standard monthly fee plus a cloud fee (speak to your sales rep for cost details) to move to cloud per month for up to 5 concurrent users.
- If you need more than the original 5 licenses, each additional user will cost $15 more per month.
- There is bulk pricing if you purchase 5 or more additional licenses at one time then it is $10/each per month.
- If you have self check in stations, each will count as an individual user.
- Cloud Pros:
- Cloud Cons:
1) Minimum Hardware/Internet requirements
2) How do licenses work: one license per user if accessing at same time
- Each plan has different features that are available
EMR - Basic = 2 licenses
EMR - Pro = 5 licenses
EMR - Platinum = 5 licenses
3) If you currently use FORTE Merchant for credit card swiper and/or signature pad? (This only applies to current FORTE clients)
- current Forte swiper and signature pads used with the server do not work on cloud
- For the Cloud signature pad for FORTE clients there are 2 options. Touch screen or Mouse (no device) or select a device below).
- Touch Screen (Do NOT select Test) > click on Save and close Payment Settings.
- Huion 4 x 2.23 Inches OSU Tablet Graphics Drawing Pen Tablet - 420 by Huion click here to review or order from Amazon
- Wacom - Intuos Creative Pen and Small Touch Tablet - Silver/Black Model: CTH480 SKU: 1680794 click here to review or order from Best Buy
To set up the Huion or Wacom for FORTE merchant clients:- Install according to the hardware instructions- Then set up VitaLogics: In VitaLogics, go to Administration > Payment Settings > select
4) Current Heartland Server clients will need to schedule time with support to set up port forwarding to your router
5) You will need Google Chrome installed on the computers as this is the best way to access the cloud. Cloud will also work on Mac's Safari.
6) Customer will need to have Citrix receiver on each of the computers that they will access VitaLogics. Support will assist with this install.
7) Self-Check In -
- You will need a separate license for your Self Check in Kiosk
- you cannot use a signature pad or card swiper when using cloud - your customer will manually type in their name to find their appointment
8) FYI - computers will no longer need server names changed in config
9) There is a new process to set up a billing folder and when Uploading a file or image to a patient on cloud is different. Contact support to review how to set up the billing folder and - refer to this article https://vitalogics.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201489615-Upload-a-File-VitaLogics-Cloud-
10) If you are interested in a server to cloud transfer - please contact support to schedule the transfer (we will need 2.5 - 3hrs when no one is using the computer) and sales will assist in placing the order for the cloud subscription.
If you need further information or want to proceed, your sales rep will need to be contacted. If you do not remember who your sales rep was or you do not have their contact information, please contact support to get that information.