If you are seeing a Connect Error when you are processing a credit card payment with Heartland Pax device, it could be because you have recently rebooted the router or you have had a power outage which MAY have changed the PAX IP#.
If the PAX IP# has changed, you can chat into support so we can update this for you OR you will need to change it in VitaLogics - Admin - Heartland set up (Pax & Heartland set up needs to have same PAX IP#).
1) Get the IP address assigned to your PAX device
- Hold Function button down and Hit #1 button at same time (this unlocks)
- On the device hit menu
- Type in 916860 when prompted for the password.
- Hit the green ok button then hit the down arrow on the screen and select communication.
- Type in 916860 when prompted
- Hit the down arrow and select LAN parameters
- Select IP address. This will show you the IP address assigned to the PAX device
- Write this address down.
2) Open VitaLogics and go to Admin->Heartland Set Up
3) In the Heartland Set Up Button
- Communication Settings -NO CHANGE -----LEAVE IT AT - TCP
- In the TCP / IP Settings
- For IP Address put in the address obtained from Pax s300.
- IMPORTANT all numbers must be 3 characters for instance 192.168.1.1 would be 192.168.001.001 when inputted into VitaLogics.
- PORT - NO CHANGE --- SHOULD STAY -- 10009
4) Run a penny test to make sure it is working properly, if not, contact support