Patient Status Report
The Patient status Report works hand in hand with the Practice Diagnosis Feature, so its important that feature is set up properly before attempting to run this report.
It allows you to see a list of people based on their status. Prospect, Lead or New patient.
A Prospect is anyone who has just been added to your VitaLogics database but, has not had an Exam yet.
A Lead is someone who has come into your office for an Initial Exam but, has not committed to care.
The conversion from prospect to lead happens automatically when an EXAM CPT code is posted to their account (For Example: 99201, 99202, 99203, etc).
A New Patient is someone who can be considered under your care.
The conversion from Lead to patient occurs automatically when the Second adjusting code has been posted to their account (For Example: 98940, 98941, 98942, etc.)
You will need to make sure Global Settings is set up with the New Patient Codes and Lead Codes that you use in your office, so the report will pull your patient information correctly
For offices that DO NOT want their patients to follow this flow, they can Select the New Patient Override button in the Patients file, Patient info tab. This will manually provide a patient with the “New Patient” Status.
This option is not advised if you are wanting to view/use the PDX Stats and reports or be able to see a list of prospect, Leads etc.
To utilize the Full Report
Go to Admin -> Global Settings (See image below) and ensure that you have your clinics Adjustment Codes listed in the New Patient Code list and Your Exam codes in the Lead Code List. This will ensure your patients can follow the proper conversion from Prospect to Lead and from Lead to New Patient.
*Your Clinics Adjustment codes will also indicate to the Visit Quick List Panel, in patients appointment screen, whether the patient was adjusted or not on a visit.
Now that you have set up VitaLogics to move Prospects and Leads through the system according to the CPT codes, you will need to do the following:
- Contact support and let them know you are ready to "Convert Prospects and Leads to the New Patient status", for any patient that was added into VL before your CPT codes were added to Global Settings and a support rep will override your system.
- This is a one time override. Support will perform this override, so all patients considered Prospects or Leads can have the "New Patient" status.
- Once the conversion process has been completed, you can run the patient status report again, so you can see all "Patients" that have not been in, in a specific time frame
- From that moment forward, all newly added Prospects to VitaLogics will follow the flow as described above.
HOW TO RUN THE PATIENT STATUS REPORT
The Patient Report is broken down based on when their last completed appointment was.
To run this report, go to Reports in VL toolbar
Patient Status Report
- Select All appropriate filters for your needs
- "All Providers" or a Specific provider
- Option to only show patients with NO future appointments.
- Select Prospect, Lead or Patients
- If Patients is selected:
- Select Date Range for Last Completed Appointment
- Or Select "All" (To ignore when last completed appointment was) This will provide a list of All Patients with the “New Patient” status
- Once completed, hit next to see results
Create Mailing Labels:
You can create mailing labels for patient generated on this report by selecting the mailing labels button at the bottom right
To Download/Print a Report
All reports will display a tool bar at the top of the page when generated.
You will be able to Print and Export the document. You will see the Red Circle is highlighting the Print button and the Red Arrow is pointing to the Export options. X=Excel, A=Adobe and W=Word.
Training Video Reference
Please keep in mind, this is an old training video and may not provide a full explanation but, is provided for a visual walk through.