The Payment Settings button is only accessible to clients using Forte Merchant Services. Forte is no Longer integrated with VitaLogics but, some clients still use them so, we placed the setup in here until they are completely removed.
When a client does not have Forte, if the Payment Settings button is selected, they will receive this message.
Forte Credit Card/ACH Processing Set Up
Please log into the support portal to let the support team know the day you would like to have the Forte processing activated in your system.
Here are some things you need to accomplish the day prior to get started with Forte.
1) Post any and all credit card payments you have from your old credit card machine.
* Once activated in VitaLogics, the way a credit card payment is recorded will change. At that point it will only be compatible with Forte services, so all old credit card payments need to be in the system before you leave for the evening.
2) Leave your server computer on overnight on the night before you are scheduled to receive your update
3) Once updated you will have to add your Forte account to VitaLogics. *Below is a step by step guide* on how to accomplish this. VitaLogics cannot do this step for you, as the account numbers needed are between you and Forte per your client agreement and we cannot access their client information.
(You should look for the required account numbers from Forte now so that you have them ready to go when you get the update from VitaLogics allowing you to use the Forte credit card system.)
4) Make sure to plug in your signature pad and swiper. The swiper just needs to be plugged in and it is ready to use. The signature pad should have come with an installation disk. Make sure you have installed the software for the signature pad to ensure the computer recognizes that the signature pad is connected.
5) After you completed the above items, please log into the support portal for training. A support representative will show you:
* how to now process your credit card
* how to set up/edit auto debits for care plans
Then you will be all set to use your new credit card processing system.
*Forte Payment Processing Setup Guide*
In order to process payments through VitaLogics you need to enter four security credentials from the forte.net account:
Merchant ID: This the unique merchant ID provided by forte when the clinic was approved for payment processing. It should be included in the "welcome letter" from forte/ACH direct.
Processing Password: This also should be included in the welcome letter. It is not the same password they use to log in to the forte.net web site.
API Login Key: You can generate a key by logging in to the forte.net web site. Instructions will follow.
Secure Transaction Key: You can generate a key by logging in to the forte.net web site. Instructions will follow.
Step 1: Log in to VitaLogics and Verify Payments Processing is Enabled
Once you log in to VitaLogics, go to Administration, and look for the "Payment Settings" button. If that button is not visible, contact VitaLogics via your support portal to have this feature enabled for your clinic.
Step 2: Insert your Merchant ID and Payment Processing Password:
Click on "Payment Settings" and click "Add" under merchant accounts. Choose a label and enter the Merchant ID and Payment Processing Password included in the welcome letter. If you do not know your merchant ID or processing password, contact forte/ACH direct at:
800-337-3060 option #1
Step 3: Generate API login information through the forte.net web site.
Open a web browser and go to http://forte.net, click on LOGIN and choose "Merchant" and log in with your merchant ID, username and password:
Step 4: Navigate to "Gateway Settings" and select "Gateway Key":
Step 5: To generate a pair of keys to use in VitaLogics:
Click on the "Generate" buttons and copy and paste the API Login ID and Secure Transaction Key into the appropriate fields in VitaLogics. Click on "Update" to save these keys on the forte.net web site.